We are very sad to hear the news of the family in Cornwall today. With them in mind it’s worth reminding ourselves that water is force. Please follow the link to the RNLI’s website and read up on water safety.
While the website mentions direct waters sports and angling it’s worth noting for wildfowlers.
- Take the risks as seriously as you take your sport. Prepare for every trip.
- Check the weather and tides before heading to the coast.
- Tell someone where you’re going and when you expect to be back.
- Carry a means of calling for help and know how to use it.
- If unsure of the foreshore coastline go in pairs.
The Severn Estuary has one of the highest tidal ranges in the world, up to 48 ft (15 m), stay safe this season.